Use OKRs to define your objectives and focus on your key results.
If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The goal of this method is to define measurable goals within eager objectives and track their progress within a short period of time. Due to the alignment of energy synergy effects are more likely. It also helps individual team members to focus on the next relevant objectives.
On this website there are no resources to learn how to use OKRs effectively. It provides a tool to use OKRs with Confluence and the projectdoc Toolbox. In Working with OKRs we show how these doctypes play together. You would still need to define your OKR cycle that suits your company.
We recommend to read John Doerr's book Measure what Matters: OKRs – the Simple Idea That Drives 10× Growth. You'll find more information on this book on John Doerr's website What Matters.
This add-on provides the following doctypes as tools to work with OKRs.
The main doctypes contain all information you deem relevant to work with OKRs.
- Document the result of a OKR check-in.
- Key Result
- Publish key results to achieve in order to pursue an objective to share with your colleagues.
- Publish an objective to share with your colleagues.
- Strategic Theme
- Publish a strategic theme to group objectives and to share them with your colleagues.
- Track what you have achieved and the reasons why. Check what you have learned and find areas where you can improve.
Types allow to create additional views on your OKR documents. Use Space Index documents to add even more views.
- Check-in Type
- Type-specific category for OKR check-ins.
- Key Result Type
- Type-specific category for key results.
- Objective Type
- Type-specific category for objectives.
- OKR Priority
- Category to organize strategic themes, objectives, and key results.
- Strategic Theme Type
- Type-specific category for strategic themes.
- Wrap-up Type
- Type-specific category for OKR wrap-ups.
This add-on provides one space blueprint to organize objectives and track key results.
The Doctypes for Objectives and Key Results requires the projectdoc Toolbox to be installed. The projectdoc Toolbox has a commercial license.
Please install the following add-ons on your Atlassian Confluence server:
The following list contains information for users of this add-on.
Related Doctype Add-ons
The following add-ons provide doctypes for related use cases.
More information on OKRs.