A short introduction on how the doctype is intended to be used to work with OKRs.
The Doctypes for Objectives and Key Results (OKR) add-on for the projectdoc Toolbox provides doctypes to store all information you and your team(s) consider to be relevant to run your cycles with OKR.
This short introduction shows the basic workflow and shows when to use which doctype. It does not explain how the ORK cycle works for your company.
Independent of your actual OKR cycle, the doctypes are intended to be used as follows.
- Start defining a strategic theme covering the whole cycle. Make sure to set the start and end date.
- In case you need to define different, orthogonal themes, add them as child documents of type strategic theme.
- Objectives are then associated with the appropriate strategic theme.
- Key results are added als child documents to their objective.
During the cycle:
- Conduct check-ins and attach the results as child documents to objectives or key results.
- Set the expectation for the final score.
- Add any information that is valuable to understand how you got here and what you plan to do to make this a success.
At the end of the cycle:
- Document the result of your wrap-up and add it to a strategic theme.
Types for all doctypes allow to create additional indexes to organize your OKR documents.
More information on this topic.