Go to start of metadata Skip to end of metadata Go to start of metadata
List of Terms
Terms used in and defined for projectdoc.
- An aspect is a document attached to another document to supply properties and sections. Aspects support modular documentation while the information can be still accessed in one document.
- Attachment Space
- Attachment spaces are delegate spaces for entity doctypes.
- Auto Increment
- A feature of the projectdoc Toolbox to prepend a unique identifier to the title of a page.
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for adding style (e.g., fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents.
- Context Controlled Macros
- A context controlled macro uses properties from its context to control the content being rendered. This includes document and space properties.
- see Cascading Style Sheets
- Custom Property
- A property defined by the author or template author on a Confluence page.
- Deep Link
- Deep links reference properties in referenced documents.
- Delegate Document
- A delegate document references one document to inherit properties and sections.
- Delegate Space
- Delegate spaces help to organize information that is used by more than one space. Resources may be delegated to other spaces. This includes the definition of space properties and providing homepages for documents of a given type.
- see Document Type
- Doctype Add-on
- Doctype add-ons provide blueprints for the projectdoc Toolbox. All doctype add-ons are available in source code on Bitbucket. This way teams may download them and adapt them to their specific requirements.
- see Document Instance
- Document Instance
- A projectdoc document instance is based on a document type. Documents are created using page wizards provided by blueprints.
- Document Property
- A property is metadata for a document. It has name, a value, and a control (such as hide).
- Document Section
- A document type defines property and sections. A section is part of a document with a title and a body. Sections may be nested.
- Document Type
- A document type (doctype) defines the properties and section for document instances. It also provides home and index pages. In Confluence these doctypes are implemented as page blueprints, usually with one template. This template is used to create new pages in Confluence.
- Document Type Homepage
- The default homepage for documents of a given type.
- Document Type Index Page
- Index pages provide views on document instances of a given type.
- Document Type Metadata
- Metadata for a document type to be applied to all document instances.
- Dynamic List
- Enhances navigation by showing a list of links to related information that is the result of a query on document properties.
E - G
I - L
- Macros perform certain tasks on a page and are installed as part of a Confluence app.
- Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.
- The term is used by Confluence to describe the technique to transclude one or more content fragments from one or more documents.
- Describes the technique to transclude one or more content fragments from one or more documents.
- Nameless Documents
- Feature to derive a document's name from its title.
P - Q
- The Confluence wiki space contains pages. If the page contains the Document Properties Marker Macro, it is a projectdoc document.
- Page Blueprint
- A page blueprint is a set of page templates with added functionality to help you create, manage and organize content in Confluence more easily.
- Page Blueprint Wizard
- A wizard collects information from the user at page creation time. This information is used to create a document instance based on the page blueprint associated with the wizard.
- Phantom Reference
- A reference to a document or fragment of an existing document that does not exist.
- projectdoc Extension
- Features we assume are not relevant to all users of the projectdoc Toolbox are available as extensions. Extensions are add-ons for Confluence that require the projectdoc Toolbox Add-on to be installed, but can be installed separately on demand.
- see Document Property
- A member of a set of document instances of a common doctype. Used to be imported into wiki instances since they provided information to be used in different projects. Examples are topic types, resource types, and module types.
- Remote Controlled Document
- A remote controlled document uses macros that enable to control the content being rendered by request parameters.
- Representational state transfer
- A software architectural style to create services on the Web, based on a collection of constraints.
- see Representational state transfer
- Blueprint Wizard
- see Page Blueprint Wizard
- Search Space
- Search spaces extend the search with projectdoc macros for a space per default on a number of other spaces.
- see Document Section
- Single Sourcing
- Method for systematically re-using information.
- A tool to organize pages. A space is like a folder that contains Confluence pages.
- Space Blueprint
- A space blueprints is a tool to help users bootstrap the space creation process. From a dialog users select a space blueprint and create a new space with a basic, blueprint-specific set of pages.
- Space Hierarchy
- A relation of spaces based on delegation or search.
- Space Property
- A property defined on the space homepage that takes effect on the space and delegating spaces.
U - V
- User Macro
- User macro extend the functionality of Confluence. They can be created without any further development resources directly within the Confluence server.
W - Z
- Web API
- An application programming interface accessible from the web. Used to create scripts to execute actions launched manually or in the context of an automated process.
- Wiki Markup
- Wiki Markup is a special syntax used in Confluence to describe pages. At specific locations this syntax is the only way to add macros. This is the only use case for this kind of markup in the context of the projectdoc Toolbox.
- Designed to aggregate information that is relevant for a given spike or iteration.