Documents the results of a test session for the sponsoring stakeholders.
A test report summarizes the discoveries of an exploratory test. The test charter defined the context of the journey and the test session collected the information in form of a journal. The test report uses the information in these documents to create a view for the sponsors of the test.
On creation of the test report document you typically do not need to add any information to the wizard. Just click 'Create'! If you change your mind, you may rename the document or edit the short description later.
The document type test report provides the following properties:
Please note that only information about specific properties is provided here. Common document property used by all document types are documented by Document Properties.
Note that the sections Test Report#Summary, Test Report#Target, Test Report#Reason, Test Report#Discoveries, Test Report#Open Issues, and Test Report#Recommendations are tagged with the keyword '
report'. This makes it easy to transclude these sections in other documents with the help of the Transclusion Macro or the Transclude Documents Macro.
Document the purpose of the test.
Give a brief executive summary on the result of the test.
Define what has been tested.
Define why the test has been conducted.
Document what you have discovered that is relevant to the stakeholders concerns.
Give an interpretation of the test result from the testers point of view. Give recommendation how to deal with the result and how to continue from here.
- Quality Scenario
- Quality Scenarios document required qualities.
- Quality Scenario Type
- Quality scenario types categorize quality scenarios.
- Test Case
- Document a test case of your project.
- Test Case Type
- Test case types categorize test cases.
- Test Charter
- Defines a charter to run an exploratory test session.
- Test Charter Type
- Test charter types categorize test charters.
- Test Data
- Document data used for test cases.
- Test Data Type
- Test data types categorize test data.
- Test Report Type
- Test report types categorize test reports.
- Test Session
- Defines a document to collect information during a test session.
- Test Session Type
- Test session types categorize test sessions.