Document a test case of your project.
Test cases document especially exploratory tests that have not yet been or will never be automated.
The document type test-case provides the following properties:
Please note that only information about specific properties is provided here. Common document property used by all document types are documented by Document Properties.
Point to the source that implements the test case.
Point to the result of the latest test run.
Describe the context of your test case.
Group tests that belong semantically together.
Define the test.
Describe the expected result.
List the test cases that belong to this suite.
List information about test data the test cases operate on.
These are internal notes that are usually not exported and only visible to team members with write access.
But this is not a safe place to store sensible information. It is just a convenience for the reader to not be bothered with notes stored here for the authors for later use. The security level is about suppressing the representation by a CSS style. Therefore consider this as a convenience for the reader, not as a security tool.
The text of notes sections is also indexed.
For a document the references section contains pointers to resources that prove the statements of the document.
Often these proofs are not easily distinguishable from further information. In this case you may want to skip the reference section in favour for the resource list.
The resources section provides references to further information to the topic of the document.
This may be information on the internet provided by the resource or information in the team's information systems. Anything the reader of the resource might want to know, may be listed here.
- Quality Scenario
- Quality Scenarios document required qualities.
- Quality Scenario Type
- Quality scenario types categorize quality scenarios.
- Test Case Type
- Test case types categorize test cases.
- Test Charter
- Defines a charter to run an exploratory test session.
- Test Charter Type
- Test charter types categorize test charters.
- Test Data
- Document data used for test cases.
- Test Data Type
- Test data types categorize test data.
- Test Report
- Documents the results of a test session for the sponsoring stakeholders.
- Test Report Type
- Test report types categorize test reports.
- Test Session
- Defines a document to collect information during a test session.
- Test Session Type
- Test session types categorize test sessions.