Define a mission for your company or product.
The mission states why the enterprise exists. Keep it precise and focused. The mission is long-term in nature. Assume that it will not change for the lifetime of your organisation or product.
Then build your vision on this mission statement.
The document type mission statement provides the following properties:
Please note that only information about specific properties is provided here. Common document property used by all document types are documented by Document Properties.
Specify the type of the mission statement to organize them.
Use the Mission Statement Type to define types of mission statements.
Provide a tag line that summarizes the mission concisely.
Make it inspiring, easy to understand, and easy to communicate.
Describe the context for your mission.
What is your story, your moment of epiphany?
Explain as part of the mission why the organization or product exists.
How is it different from competitors?
Explain which need the organization or product satisfies.
- What is the primary purpose?
- Which problems are solved?
- What is the change in the world the organization is aiming at?
- Which public interest is this mission serving?
Explain what will people motivate to support this mission.
- Who are your customers, clients, employees, partners?
- What does it do for customers, clients, employees, partners, and owners?
- What are the primary services and why should people use them?
Automatic list of vision statements derived from this mission.
The vision describes the change that has been accomplished in the future.
You may describe visions for your short-term, medium-term, and long-term goals.