Tools from the projectdoc Toolbox to import from and export to other information systems.
Stakeholders need to use the tools they get there work done most productively. Therefore there is no one tool to rule them all. On the other hand stakeholders need to exchange information via a common gateway - the information hub . A wiki or a collaboration platform like Confluence is such a hub.
Single Point of Access
This short tip shows how macros from the projectdoc Toolbox support teams to make information accessible from the hub.
It is also recommended to install the Core Doctypes Add-on.
All extensions and doctype add-ons for the projectdoc Toolbox are free of charge. Confluence and the projectdoc Toolbox are software with commercial licenses.
The Information Systems Extension connects to remote servers and transcludes information into Confluence pages. Content to transclude may be text or images. The extension provides also macros to make linking information quite easy.
The projectdoc Toolbox is also intended for software development teams in a moving development environment, where servers change from time to time. Therefore the extension allows to set the root URL for each server as a space property. In case the server got a new address, only this base URL needs to be changed.
The extension provides the following macros to link and transclude information from remote servers.
- Enterprise Architect Image Link Macro
- Renders an image generated from an Enterprise Architect diagram, transcluded from a server.
- HTML Snippet Macro
- Transclude HTML content from a remote server.
- Javadoc Link Macro
- Links API documentation pages for Java elements.
- Nexus Link Macro
- Renders a link to an artifact stored on a Nexus server.
- System Image Link Macro
- Renders an image transcluded from a remote server.
- System Link Macro
- Links to a resource on a server.
- System Transclusion Macro
- Transclude content from a resource from a remote system.
- Text Snippet Macro
- Transclude text content from a remote server.
The projectdoc Toolbox makes projectdoc documents available using the Web API Extension via a REST API. Information may be easily read from a property or section. The API also allows to change the values of properties and sections.
- Document Resource
- Provides access to projectdoc documents via a web API.
- Document Services Resource
- Provides services for projectdoc documents via a web API.
- Space Resource
- Provides access to projectdoc space properties.
Here are some examples using cURL to access information from projectdoc documents.
In cases where a remote system has no direct access to the Confluence server, properties may be exported in form of a file and attached to a projectdoc document.
More and related information.